Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yeah, I'm gross.

I'm eating a KitKat. It's not just any KitKat though, it's a special one. It's special because I found it at the bottom of my pocketbook and it's from the time I went to Dive 75 and won at Connect 4 and stuffed some KitKats in my purse. I won 3 games of Connect 4 in a row and was super psyched not to mention surprised because I never thought I was good at these strategy games. And then I got really stressed out at the thought of losing so I quit. That's the exact definition of quitting while you're ahead - when you stop playing Connect 4 against your drunk friends before one of them finally beats you and mercilessly shoves your head in his armpit because when you were winning you were dancing around yelling BOOYA at everyone but now it's your turn to be made fun of because you're a loser. So this KitKat has been in my purse since then and since then, everyonce in a while I'd dig around for my ID or my keys and come across the KitKat and go "Ew gross, I need to throw that out" or "Blegh, candy - I shouldn't eat this" and then of course I'd forget about it until the next time I go digging around for stuff. Anyway, so I was just looking for my phone when I came across the KitKat and thought "Ew gross, I need to throw...hmmm. Yum. Chocolate. And wafers." Chocolate and wafers and named after the cutest animal in the world (twice!), what a genius Mr. Reese who invented the KitKat!!! So yeah now I'm eating it and it's all flat and crushed and some of the chocolate is patchy and falling off because it's been squeezed between heavy stuff, and it's not exactly fresh tasting, but hey that's me, I eat crap. Gimme some week old foods or bad clams or dubious soup that moves even when you're not touching it and I'll snarf it down. I'll snarf it down and I'll like it! Because then I'm not wasting food, and I'm satisfying hunger. TWO for the price of ONE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with old candy.