Monday, June 23, 2008

Try this on for irony.

Notwithstanding how my friend Dowd will probably state very matter of factly "That's not irony," isn't this ironic: for work, I am making huge vinyl sticker ad thingies that shows what our office building's lobby could look like. We are having our architecture firm render a few pictures of beautiful looking lobbies, bathrooms and elevator cabs, and then we're going to print them up and stick them all over our demolitioned office building lobby covering it wall to wall. JUST LIKE what the shuttle does with it's wall to wall advertising! We had batted around a few ideas to make our empty, destroyed looking lobby look presentable short of just doing a complete renovation, period, when my boss told me this idea. I had a mixture of sinking feeling in my gut + Hey I know exactly what you're talking about, it's just like the Shuttle! and decided my boss must have ridden the shuttle that day. Unlike the shuttle though, I am going to do this right. Not only will I have the architects render a nice granite+marble floor so we can giantly sticker the entire lobby floor, and render ultra cool modern furniture to stick all over foldout chairs and temporary tables, but I am going to cover my admins with renderings of super hot chicks and have them hang out in the lobby as model receptionists for the ultimate complete experience. It's gonna be dynamite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you make me a sticker of a stocky black and white cat? the sticker should move around on it's own and meow.

artemis said...

Aww, yes of course I will. I'll make it so that you can wrap the hamster with it.