Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Need some advice

OMGOMGOMG. I'm really nervous about this Saturday. It's gonna be a big night. This Saturday, I am going to go watch the band of one of my best friends. Actually, she doesn't really know me yet, but when she does she'll want to be my best friend. I love her blog and her book and I totally want to be friends with her and I've sort of triangulated where she lives by scrutinizing the clues she leaves on her blog. It's somewhere in Soho. Anyway, so I kinda want some advice on how I get her to be my friend. I mean, I'm nice and fun and not scary looking, in fact I'm very non-intimidating because people think I am 14 so I can't think of why she wouldn't want to be friends with me. Can I go up to her and be like, Hi AC, you are so funny and I really like you - not in a gay way or anything, not that there's anything wrong with that, in fact I like gays, and I think you do too right? but I just wanted to clarify that I'm not trying to come on to you or anything, but can we be friends?

Would that creep her out? Should I maybe just kind of mull around in the corner and watch her every move as she plays in her band? I actually evited her to one of my parties this year, and she totally looked at the invite. Score! She did not come though. iridethej asked me why I didn't outright ask her to come, and what was the point of sending her an evite if I wasn't going to followup, to which, at the time, I had no good answer. I mean, I knew why I did it, I had my reasons, but at that exact moment I was paralized with the knowledge and fear that I had done something weird and nonsensical that I got stage fright and forgot my reasons. Anyway, here's what they were: So at any of these given parties about 800 people are invited to them. I figured that I would evite her, and she would open it up wondering who was inviting her to some random party, and in not recognizing the organizer's name (me) scan through the list of invitees for a name she'd recognize. I guess I was hoping that she'd know someone on the evite. I think I was under the impression that she went to the same grad school as I did or this town is so small, or that she's asian and I'm asian so we should know people in common, but alas, I don't think that was the case. Anyway, she didn't come. Which, I guess, is to be expected. Anyway, so this Saturday, I am totally going to her. What should I do? Should I say hi? Should I not? Thoughts? Anyone? Anyone???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell me that you did not let this chick know about your blog when you met her the other night! then she'd really be creeped out...

artemis said...

yeah no i didn't. she asked to read it though! (so and so told her about it) but i was like, uh, no, i'm shy. (cuz if she had, she would have opened it up right to this exact post)