Having a blog is really fun. I really never thought I'd say this, because back in 2000 when everyone decided to have a blog I was like, Psha - whatever - people are so dumb. Who cares about which cereal you mixed today? And what's up with the need to create new words? I mean, it's a "web log" people. So consciously and unconsciously I waited many many moons, until everyone graduated to the vlog ("video web log," people!!), to response videos on youtube, to annoying songlists on myspace, to the wall on facebook, to the twitter (which just makes me think people are twitching as they surf the web), basically until the entire world forgot about blogging, to get my own blog. And I have to admit, I find it fun. Not the writing part, mind you. Or the constant struggle to think of something funny or sassy to provide my readership with (current viewership: 1. Thanks, Mom!). Or the fact that I have a very publicly hidden place to dump my insanely deep and pot-worthy thoughts - anonymously, to boot - just in case anyone decides I'm a complete moron.
No.
I just like talking about it. Like when I first made this, iridethej and I consumed many hours and many martinis trying to come up with good blog titles. Awesome Title: "I Also Want Pink"; Very Bad Title: "One Hand Clapping." (note - iridethej does not like my blog title even though I explained numerous times that I don't really hate the Shuttle. note 2 - that is also when I swore never to drink cleverly named slash puntastic martinis again.) I get to sound cool because now I can be all nonchalant and say stuff like, "Ha ha ha, that is so awesome, that's going on my blog" and "OMG you're such a retard, I can't believe you said that, I am so calling you out on my blog." I'll drop that during opportune moments in front of friends who don't know I have a blog which then gives way to the desired result "YOU have a blog?? Lemme read it!" The cherry on top is my reply: "Uh, no. Nevermind. It sucks. I'd be so embarassed." And I say it super smug so they feel like there's an awesome me-club that I just shut them out of because they're not special enough to read the gems that I lay on the internets when the truth is that even though I want everyone to read it, uh, I don't want anyone to read it. It really does suck and I really would be embarrassed. But you know, that's not the point. So yeah, blogging. I recommend it to everyone!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment